The SWENext High School Leadership Academy (SHLA) is a two-day program taking place at the Annual SWE Conference. The program provides high school students with leadership training, college advice, and the opportunity to experience the SWE community first-hand.
SHLA will take place on November 8th and 9th in Anaheim, California during the SWE Annual Conference, WE19.
- Gain access to resources for your future career in STEM
- Gain access to year-round leadership and professional development opportunities
- Gain exposure to the SWE Annual Conference with over 13,000 women engineers in attendance, including mentor opportunities and access to the career fair
- Get to know your fellow SWENext members and leaders from all over the world
- Gain valuable knowledge about how your SWENext membership can benefit you
- Exclusive Tour of a local Engineering Facility
- Invent it. Built it.
- Meet Women Engineers
- Professional Development: How to communicate your value, network and navigate a career fair.
- WE19 Career Fair with Collegiate Mentors
- Lunch with Collegiate Mentors
- Leadership Competency Workshop
- SWE Community: How to access the resources and community of women engineers.
Ways You Can Attend SHLA:
SWE offer’s two ways students can attend the SHLA program. The first is to apply for one of our major awards, the Northrop Grumman Community Award or our Global Innovator Award. The buttons below are linked to applications for each of these awards:
The second way to attend SHLA is to apply through our standard application form linked below:
Things That Can Help Your Application:
- Be a SWENext member (Not a member? Join HERE!
- Preference is given to SWENext Club Officers (Don’t have a club? Register one HERE!)
- Show your leadership skills
- Show your involvement with SWENext or other STEM programs like Project Lead the Way, FIRST, Girl Scouts, etc.
Thank you to our sponsors: